“I hope to come to you soon, but I am writing these instructions to you so that, if I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth.” -1 Timothy 3:14-15
Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish is committed to passing on the Truth of Jesus Christ as preserved in the Holy Catholic Church. This Truth was recorded in the Old Testament, fully revealed in the Incarnate Word of God – Jesus Christ and passed on infallibly by the Apostles and their successors through Scripture and tradition.
This is the Faith that we strive to teach the children of Sacred Heart Parish. Below please find the schedule and other information on our Faith Formation program for 1st through 8th grade.
Arrival and dismissal times and procedures first through eighth Grade:
Arrival: 9:30 am
- Dismissal: 10:45 am
- Dismissal Procedure:
First through third grade must be picked up in the classroom by a parent or guardian. Fourth through eighth grade will be dismissed into the parish hall.
Makeup work will be assigned for any missed class time.
Students missing classes must make up the classes at home.
Regular Sunday and Holy Day of Obligation Mass attendance is a serious part of being Catholic. Parents of children beyond the age of reason (about 7 years old) are obligated not only to attend Mass at these times, but to make sure their children attend as well.
The amount of time we have to teach is very limited (children spend more class time at their regular school in one week that they do at Faith Formation in one year) so please make every effort to have your child attend every class.
To ensure a productive learning environment for all the students, fair and consistent disciplinary procedures have been set. They are outlined below so there will be no confusion and everyone knows ahead of time what is expected.
- During the first day of classes students will be informed by their catechist of the behavior expected of them in class.
- Any student who shows a consistent unwillingness to follow one or more rules will spend the remainder of class in the office. I know that it is important for parents to know if their child is causing discipline problems. Therefore parents will be kept informed if their child is ever sent to the office.
- If any student is sent to the office 3 times in one semester a parent-catechist-director conference will be scheduled to discuss alternatives.
- Tardiness: Students who are late need to report to the office before going to class. Being late for class causes the student to miss valuable class time, and is very disruptive to the class. If this becomes a habit with any student, parents will be informed of the problem.
Parents are welcome to observe (but not disrupt) their children’s class at any time. Simply notify Michael Denz and the catechist before class begins.
Prayers Young Catholics Should Know
The Sign of the Cross
In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
The Apostle’s Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of Heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ,
His only Son Our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into Hell; the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into Heaven, and sits at the right hand of God, the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Amen.
The Our Father
Our Father, Who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
The Hail Mary
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
The Glory Be
GLORY BE to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Angel of God
Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God’s love commits me here, ever this day, be at my side to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen
Grace Before Meals
Bless us, O Lord, for these Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
The 10 Commandments
- I am the Lord your God. You shall have no other gods before me.
- You shall not take the Lord’s Name in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
- Honor your father and mother.
- You shall not kill.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.