Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish is Pleased to Announce that we will have Mass at our Shrine this Saturday at 4:00 PM. PLEASE Read our letter from Deacon Tim as to how Mass will be conducted and the rules and regulations from our Diocese…
> While our parish awaits the permission of our Apostolic Administrator Bishop Edward Scharfenberger and civil authorities to gather in our church in groups larger than 10, we will be able to temporarily hold one Mass per week in our outdoor Shrine area. I am pleased to announce that Mass will be held this Saturday, June 6, 2020, at 4:00 PM. This will be a trial event, that if done properly and with the parishioner’s cooperation, we will be able to do each week until we are able to gather in larger groups within the church building.
For our parish to be able to do this and to conform to the guidelines provided by the Diocese, all attendees will need to observe the following:
· Please try to arrive no later than 10 minutes before the start of Mass.
· Limited seating will be provided in the Shrine and part of the parking lot near the Shrine. Please bring a lawn chair(s) in case the benches are taken or you wish to remain seated near your vehicle.
· Park your vehicle so that it is pointed toward the Shrine in the event you wish to remain in it during Mass.
· We ask that you wear a mask and social distance, based upon the Diocesan Guidelines and the Recommendations of the CDC.
· Keep your facemask on as you approach to receive communion in your hand, then step aside, lower your mask and place the communion in your mouth. Place your facemask back over your face and return to your seating.
· Communion will only be delivered to the hand. If you cannot accept Communion in this manner, please participate in a Spiritual Communion as an alternative. Per
Diocesan guidelines, Communion cannot be placed on the tongue at this time.
· Ushers/Attendants will inform each attendee when they are to go forward for Communion.
· Everyone in the same family may approach closer together than six feet, but you must maintain the six-foot distance from the group in front of you and behind you in line.
· If it is raining, we will have mass indoors and the Diocesan restrictions of 25% capacity will apply
Thank you in advance for your cooperation as we take our first steps back to join together as a community to celebrate our faith. – Deacon Tim