FAITH FORMATION NEWS:
Attention Faith Formation Parents It’s that time of year again, time to register your children for Faith Formation Class. Returning families have received a registration form in the mail. Please call the Rectory if you are new to the parish and have children to register.
* Registration forms and a school year calendar will also be available at weekend masses.
HOW WILL SHJ FAITH FORMATION ADJUST TO MEET COVID GUIDELINES?
1. Each grade level will meet in a separate classroom. Our classes are small enough that 2. social distancing is no problem.
2. All students and teachers must wear a mask.
3. Each student will have all of their supplies (pack of crayons, pencils, notebook, and workbook) in a gallon ziplock bag that only they will open and close.
4. Classrooms will be cleaned before and after each Faith Formation class
STUDENTS WHO MISSED THEIR SPRING 2020 FIRST RECONCILIATION AND EUCHARIST will receive the sacraments this October.
~ First Reconciliation will be Saturday, October 10th
~ First Communion will be Saturday, October 17th at the 4:00 pm Mass.
FAITH FORMATION TEACHERS NEEDED:
Faith Formation teachers are needed for our program.
~ TWO elementary grade teachers are needed here at sacred Heart on Sunday mornings. Our Classes start at 9:30 am and end at 10:45 am
~ ONE middle school teacher is needed for the Edge Program currently shared between Our Sacred Heart of Jesus Students and the students at Nativity on Tuesday evenings, 6:30-8:00 pm at Nativity.
Classes meet twice a month for our Elementary Faith Formation classes. (September through May) There are no classes during school breaks, or 3 day weekends.
All teaching materials are supplied by the parish and outside class prep time is an additional one hour/class.
*Faith Formation Parents are encouraged to consider participating in this ministry. A child is more likely to continue practicing their faith as an adult if they see their parents participating and helping at church. Example is the most powerful tool. Please call or email Pam Hoy firstname.lastname@example.org.